ga('create', 'UA-85088576-1', 'auto');
CAUTION SHOULD ALWAYS BE OBSERVED WHEN EXERCISING. IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY FORM OF DISCOMFORT WHILE DOING THE EXERCISES, STOP IMMEDIATELY. CONTACT THE PRACTICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, TO ENSURE THAT THERE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR BODY OR IN THE WAY YOU ARE DOING THE EXERCISES.
Crossed Extension – All Fours
- On all fours, places hands beneath shoulder, knees beneath hips.
- Extend 1 arm & the opposite leg reaching out from the feet & hand.
- Keep the navel drawn in towards the spine creating core tension in the TVA (inner abdominal wall).
- Hold for approx 5 sec & then repeat with opposite side.
- Repeat as many times as you feel comfortable without straining.
– Keep a neutral spine, don’t arch the back, & keep the head in alignment with the back.
Crossed Extension – Back
- Lay flat on back with arms extended straight up, knees drawn, keeping legs at a 45 degree angle.
- Keep navel slightly drawn in towards the spine keeping tension in the TVA (inner abdominal wall).
- Alternate extending 1 leg & opposite arm at the same time, then swap over extending the other leg & its opposite arm.
- Repeat with as many reps as desired or as can successfully maintain without straining.
– Be sure to keep a straight back & not lift the spine from the floor.