This fresh, healthy green salad is great as a main meal with your preferred meat added on top or on the side, or as a tasty side dish to any main meal!
All ingredients and quantities are estimates. Adjust quantities and optional extras according to preferred taste; experiment and enjoy!
Mix of Green Salad leaves (organic if available)
Lebanese or continental cucumber – thinly sliced
1/4 to 1/2 Avocado
3 thin slices red onion
1 carrot – chopped julienne style
Seasonal fruit i.e. red or green grapes, strawberries, mango or orange, &/OR, dried dates or cranberries
Salt & mixed black pepper
6 Mixed Mediterranean olives
4 chopped Sun-Dried tomatoes
- Wash green leaves and spin in salad spinner to remove excess water. Tear leaves into manageable size portions. Place in salad bowl.
- Thinly slice cucumber and arrange on salad leaves.
- 1/2 Cherry tomatoes, place in bowl.
- Slice off one side of the avocado cheek, while in skin slice across the avocado in strips and remove with a spoon. Arrange in salad bowl.
- Top with julienne style carrot and seasonal fruit.
- Add optional extra’s if desired.
- Season with ground salt and mixed black pepper.