KEFIR – WHAT IS IT & WHAT ARE ITS BENEFITS?
ga('create', 'UA-85088576-1', 'auto');
When your body is not in balance, unfriendly opportunistic smelly bacteria and yeasts take over your large bowel causing inflammation – producing an irritable bowel and poor digestion, leading to food allergies, headaches, flu, skin rashes joint pain, muscle aches, and other more serious disorders (autoimmune diseases).
Kefir is a cultured, enzyme-rich food filled with friendly micro-organisms that help balance your “inner ecosystem”. More nutritious and therapeutic than yoghurt, it supplies complete protein, essential minerals, and valuable B vitamins. It inhibits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and yeasts, and helps beneficial probiotic microorganisms to colonise and thrive in your digestive tract, and throughout the rest of your body (skin, eyes, bladder, vagina, nose, throat, etc).
– There are two different types: Water & Milk Kefir.
– Kefir is simple & inexpensive to make at home.
– Kefir is used to restore the inner eco-system after antibiotic therapy.
– Kefir can be made into a delicious smoothie that kids love.
– Kefir is excellent nourishment for pregnant & nursing women, the elderly, & those with compromised immunity.
Easily digested, it cleanses the intestines, provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins. Because kefir is such a balanced and nourishing food, it contributes to a healthy immune system and has been used to help patients suffering from AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes and cancer. Its tranquilizing effect on the nervous system has benefited many who suffer from sleep disorders, depression, and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
The regular use of kefir has a cleansing effect on the whole body helping to establish a balanced inner ecosystem for optimum health and longevity.
There are two different types of kefir available, water kefir & milk kefir. Each type of kefir has unique characteristics & is made slightly different, with the most obvious difference/benefit being, that water kefir is dairy free.
Kefir can also help eliminate unhealthy food cravings by making the body more nourished and balanced. Its excellent nutritional content offers healing and health-maintenance benefits to people in every type of condition.
- Contributes to a healthy immune system.
- High in B vitamins – B1, B6 & B12
- Reduces inflammation.
- Helps with the digestion of food and micronutrients.
- Heals, or reduces the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), including bloating, indigestion, flatulence, diarrhoea/constipation, nausea, low energy, and muscle aches and pains.
- Heals intestinal dysbiosis (an imbalance of good & bad bacteria in the gut) and SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth).
- Prevents & reduces allergies.
- Treats asthma.
- Increases energy and overall feeling of good health.
- Can stop unhealthy food cravings, especially for sugars and sweet foods, thus helping to lower body weight & risk of obesity.
- Lowers risk of diabetes as it lowers amount of sugar in the body.
- Supports detoxification.
- Builds bone density.
- Complexion and overall condition of skin improves. Brown liver spots/age spots can fade, as can skin tags, moles, warts etc. It can ease or cure many skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema and acne. Also helps with bruising.
- Hair and nails look healthier, and are strengthened and improved.
- Cleanses the liver, thus easing aches and joint pains, and benefiting the eyes.
- Benefits the glandular (endocrine) system (adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries). Women have healthier periods, & some women have periods start again after early menopause.
- Has a tranquillising effect on the nervous system and has helped many who suffer from sleep disorders and insomnia, depression, ADHD and autism.